The building of the present church is mainly due to the efforts of Rev Buller. The cost was £10,000 and it seats 800. Buller also established a mission for the navvies working at the time on the Standedge Tunnel.
The nave and aisle were finished in 1895, the chancel and lady chapel in 1899, and the church bell was donated in 1895 by Joseph Crowther, the local millowner. The tower was built in 1911, and the Parochial Hall in 1924 (with an extension in 1978).
At the time of writing there is a peal of 10 bells. Eight bells were cast by Taylor's of Loughborough, cost £1,634, and were dedicated in 1923. The inscriptions on them are:
Two more bells were installed in 1954.
Read more at www.marsdenparishchurch.org.uk